A year ago today, the site you’re reading now, Wellsy’s World, came into existence. I had no idea how any of this was going to turn out when I wrote that weak little introductory post last November – I just wanted to comment with a degree of discernment on some issues and see if anybody cared. In the intervening year:
- The site has received close to 64,000 hits according to WordPress, and SiteMeter says it’s gotten over 29,000 visits and nearly 36,000 page views since August
- I’ve written 425 posts and used 1,164 tags
- Wellsy’s World has been ranked 220 or better in Wikio’s Politics sites
- I’ve been quoted by both the Pew Research Center and the UK Telegraph
- The site’s been linked to several times on Memeorandum
- I’ve been invited to guest post on The Moderate Voice
- One post was picked up by the popular Finnish site Reimurasia.net, leading to scores of Finns dropping by
For a non-professional site with a staff of one, I couldn’t have asked for a better first year for the blog. And, of course, it couldn’t be possible without all of you. I appreciate all of you stumbling in or continuing to drop by. Hopefully, the site’s second year will be even better than the first. I know I’ll do my best to make it happen.
Thanks again, everyone, and keep reading and commenting!